Last updated: October 29, 2021
- Discord refers to the chat platform created and operated by Discord, Inc.
- User or Account ("you") means a unique account created by you on the Discord chat platform.
- Guild or Server means a server or guild on the Discord chat platform.
- blargbot ("we", "I") is a bot that interacts with Discord in order to provide functionality to the user.
Information We Collect
We collect the following information about users:
General information about users who have executed commands, such as:
- their ID
- their username
- their discriminator
- their avatar URL
- their history of usernames
- other blargbot-specific information explicitly provided by the user
General information about guilds, such as:
- guild id
- guild name
- other blargbot-specific configurations
- Chat logs (where applicable)
Usage of Information
General information is primarily used for caching purposes, to ease the burden on Discord's API. The exception to this is username history, which is used for historic username lookup as a moderation utility.
blargbot-specific information and/or configurations are used to faciliate functionality within blargbot, such as the tag system.
Chat logs are stored purely for moderation purposes, and are only collected when the guild has explicitly opted into the chat log system. It's expected that when guilds opt-in to chat logs, they convey this to users within the guild. Chat logs are used by users to pull up a list of messages sent in a guild, including message edits and deletions. Additionally, chat logs may be used by blargbot to supplement other logs with additional context (ex. message deletion logs).
General information and name history are stored forever, or until the lifespan of blargbot has been exceeded. It can be requested to be deleted at any point. See the Information Deletion section.
Chat logs are stored for exactly 7 days from the time the message has been logged.
To request that information is deleted, please either:
- contact me via email at: [email protected]
contact me via discord at
stupid cat#8160- support server